2017 Resolution ProgressMarch 31, 2017
We’re a quarter through 2017. Now is the time to check in on my progress on my resolutions.
- 30 minutes of cardio per day: way ahead. Between walking across Boston to the client a few days a week, squash, and Brazilian Jui-Jitsu, this one is handled.
- Publish a personal app: now I need to get it approved by Facebook, take screenshots, and write up a description. Getting close.
- Update the app: that’s really contingent on #2.
- Get under 220: I’ve lost 12 lb so far this year with 15 to go. #1 is helping a lot here.
- Complete a V4 bouldering course: when I decided on this, I was so new to climbing I didn’t know what I was saying. I’m going to amend it to V3. I’ve done a couple V2s, but not consistently at all.
- Weekly blog post: on target.
- Publish traveling videos: no movement here, but there should be.
- Open source work: nothing here yet, still not sure what it should be.
- Brew three batches of beer: this will probably have to wait until Missy and I move into our own place.
- A book a month: on target. I’ve started five and finished three. One I managed to leave at a friend’s house and another I managed to lose track of and recently rediscovered. The books I’ve finished are All the Light We Cannot See, The Art of Peace, and Meditations. I don’t think comic books should count, but there’s been a couple of those mixed in too.
Some decent progress overall. Time to knock out a few of the middle ones I haven’t taken steps toward.