2019 ResolutionsJanuary 9, 2019
I’ve been doing this publish-my-resolutions thing for a few years now and I think it’s been successful so far, so it’s time to get it going for 2019. This year ended up being less about resolutions and more about specific goals, but I think that works better for me.
- Professional Development
- Publish a simple app with Flutter. It’s time to get that simple app I built out there in the wild.
- Give a talk at a MeetUp. This one might be the most terrifying of goals that I’ve had yet. I’m at the point in my career where this is the right step to take, so here we are.
- Personal Development
- Read 18 books this year. Let’s keep the upward trend going.
- Keep a bee and gardening journal. I tried to journal things here last year, but I ended up only posting occasional updates. If I want to have some year-over-year information, I’ll need to keep a journal.
- Ride my bike to work every day it’s reasonable to do so. No reason to not keep doing this one.
- Do 100 consecutive pushups. In college I was able to do a little over 60 at once, so this one is going to be tough, but that’s all the more reason to do it.
- Complete every Concept 2 challenge for the indoor rower. Most of these shouldn’t be too much of a problem, but others are going to be especially tough.
- Run and ride every Greenbelt race. Last year there was one bike race and a few running races set up and sponsored by Greenbelt. The schedule doesn’t appear to be published yet, but the goal is to do every one of these that doesn’t have some kind of scheduling conflict.
- Run 400 miles this year with a stretch goal of 500. I did 339 miles last year, so this will be a step up for certain. Hoping a big goal like this will get me out there even more.
I’ve got a few on here that I think are pretty out there, but I’m excited about them. Even if I don’t achieve all of the goals, at least they’re all moving me in the right direction.