One Year at RocketJanuary 4, 2018
Yesterday marked one year since I started at Rocket. In that time, here are a few things I’ve worked on:
- Part of the team that built the HBO GO Asia Android app. Some highlights that I was directly involved in included video on demand, live video streaming (including downloading and parsing SMPTE-TT subtitles which was a bear), and Chromecast support.
- Part of the team that built an Android SDK for screen sharing and video streaming that was recently featured in a Turbotax ad. It was my first time building an SDK as well as working in Kotlin.
- Built a simple app that demoed Alexa on the HTC U11 in stores. That was Rocket’s first fully Kotlin app, even if it was super small.
- Led the development and release of the PatientsLikeMe Android app. This was Rocket’s (and my) first app using Android Architecture Components.
- Attended Google Agency Day.
- Wrote two blogs posts for the Rocket blog.
It’s been a fun time and we’ve grown about 100% since I joined. Seems like we’re always getting new people on the team. Let’s see what the next year brings!